Terms & Conditions
- Reservations: Reservations are required by all groups wishing to rent the Lussier Family Heritage Center. The Center is available for rental 7 days a week. All reservations are made by calling the Lussier Family Heritage Center Office. Check availability using our online Availability Calendar.
- Fees, Deposits and Forfeitures: All fees are billed immediately after the reservation is made; there is no down-payment process. Fees are payable by cash, check, MasterCard, or Visa. Checks should be made payable to the Lussier Family Heritage Center and returned with the signed contract. A key/building deposit is required for all evening and weekend events. A MasterCard or Visa number will be recorded on the contract at time of key checkout to cover this deposit. No charges will be processed after event if the key has been returned and the building left in good condition.
- Cancellations: If a cancellation occurs for any reason, all fees paid shall be returned, less 20% to cover the cost of administration. The only exception to this policy will be if a cancellation occurs within two months of the reservation date, which shall cause the entire amount of all fees paid to become forfeit, unless the reserved space is rented to another individual or group for the same time period.
- Accessibility: Please note that users are responsible for ensuring compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and all other applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Curfew: All events must end by 10:00 pm Sunday - Thursday. All Friday or Saturday events must conclude by 11:00 pm. Users are allowed 45 minutes for clean up after the event.
- Smoking Policy: There is no smoking in the Lussier Family Heritage Center. Guests that wish to smoke may do so on the deck or grounds.
- Caterers Policy: You may contract directly with the caterer of your choice. Caterers not on our approved list must contact the Center Manager two weeks prior to your event.
- Use of Kitchen: The kitchen area may be used by lessee and caterers. The facility is solely a prep area and cannot be used for major meal preparation. Caterers will share in the responsibility for the use of the premises. It is expected that the kitchen will be left in the same condition it was in before the scheduled event. Any damages or extra cleaning will be billed to the users.
- Alcoholic Beverages: The consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted during scheduled events. An alcoholic beverage permit ($25 fee) must be on file with the Center Manager one week prior to your event. Serving of alcoholic beverages must end by 8 pm Sunday, 10 pm Monday through Thursday and 11 pm Friday and Saturday. Note that the sale of alcoholic beverages is not allowed on premises except for non-profit organizations applying to the City of Madison for a Class B permit.
- Storage: In general, storage of any equipment or other accessory items belonging to quests beyond the rental-reserved time is not permitted.
- Decorating: The use of nails, screws, tape, tacks or the like to fasten decorations or other materials to walls, doors or from the ceiling is strictly prohibited. The use of glitter, confetti, smoke/fog machines is not allowed.
- Candles: Candles are allowed only in safe and proper candle holders.
- Cleaning and Departure: Lessee will be responsible for mopping up spills (beer, pop, etc.) during the event, for all damages to building and furniture, and any extra cleaning. Lessee will be responsible for removal of their tablecloths, wall decorations, and other personal equipment. Additional cleaning charges due to RED WINE spills on carpet will be deducted from the building/key deposit or billed to the user. All recyclable cans and bottles should be discarded in the receptacles marked for cans and bottles. All other disposables shall be place in the trash receptacles provided or, if necessary, additional garbage bags, and placed in dumpsters outside. On departure, all lights are to be turned off (including bathrooms, entrance way and halls) and all doors are to be locked.
- Outside Contractors and Rental Items: Services by outside contractors (cakes, flowers, bands, DJs, etc.) are subject to approval by the Lussier Family Heritage Center and may be allowed subject to scheduling conflicts with other events. We cannot accept responsibility for any products or services by outside vendors, but will happily work with them to make your event flawless. You will be responsible for submitting a list of contractors for approval 2 weeks in advance of function.
- Service dogs welcome, no pets allowed in building. Dogs allowed on-leash on the center grounds with the purchase of a Dane County Parks dog permit.