Women's* 2-Day Chainsaw Safety Training
- Saturday, 12/09/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 12/10/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 12/16/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 12/17/2023 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Join Shelly Wollerman of North American Training Solutions (NATS) and Dane County Parks for a free two-day chainsaw safety class for women and gender minorities*, funded by a Fund for Women! In such a male-dominated field, it can often be hard for women, folks who are non-binary/transgender, and other gender minorities to feel comfortable learning about and using chainsaws. Dane County Parks is hosting these classes to create space for such folks that would benefit from this class environment and to build community in Dane County, particularly in the fields of ecological restoration, forestry, and other similar lines of work. (*This course is open to anyone who feels it is an appropriate space for them to learn in.)
This course is open to any level sawyer, from someone who has never touched a saw to someone wanting to develop their skills in tree felling, limbing, and bucking, to those wanting to improve on their safe use of a saw!
To register: head to our reservation page to view details.
- Click on the “Volunteer Program” tab. You’ll see a drop down for Level 1 and Level 2 classes.
- Details are found under “Description”.
- You will have to either sign-in or create a new account in order to complete registration. The site should walk you through that process and it should be fairly simple. You’ll have to add your age in order for the system to allow you to register (participants have to be 18 years and older).
To be added to the notification list for future classes, head to our Email Sign Up and select "Chainsaw Class Interest".
Read our Class Cancellation Policy (PDF)
Various park locations - see event website for details.
Claire Lamberg, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (608) 516-3703
Categories: Parks, Training, Volunteer